If you’re an avid user of LinkedIn, you’ll have seen carousels doing the rounds lately. They’re a great way to showcase your expertise on a topic whilst communicating it in a way that’s eye-catching and accessible. Some pretty pictures are much more exciting than a boring text post, right? They can create some serious engagement, increase brand awareness and build community, too. So, they’re definitely not something to be sniffed at. We’re even a lover of them here, at Maverrik!
Now, LinkedIn themselves have jumped on this opportunity and started to roll out its newest feature: Carousel. The platform describes its feature as “optimised documents”, which are hosted on LinkedIn, meaning users don’t even have to leave the platform to access the documents.
Even better? The algorithm is loving these in-house created Carousels recently, so they’re boosting them left, right and centre, helping you attract and maintain solid organic reach.
So, how do I create a LinkedIn Carousel?
It couldn’t be easier to create a Carousel on LinkedIn.
It’s important to bear in mind that not everyone has this feature yet, so don’t worry if your profile isn’t currently showing these options. LinkedIn is gradually rolling it out to all users. But, for those of you who do, let’s get into it.
- Click the Carousel icon in the share box at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- If you don’t see it there, click on Start a Post, click on the More icon on the lower right and select Create a Carousel.
- Click Choose Files in the Create a Carousel pop-up window (you can select up to 20 files) and add them.
- After adding images/photos, you can reorder them, add alternative text for members using voice-over screen readers and delete the image.
- After adding videos, you can reorder them, add closed captions and delete the video.
- Click Done on the lower right to preview your carousel.
- If you want to edit the Carousel, you can always go back.
- Next, check who can see your Carousel.
- Click the Visibility dropdown next to your name in the pop-up window. Select who you want to share the post within the ‘Who can see your post?’ pop-up window, and click Done.
- Click Post to post your carousel, and you’re done!
Easy as pie.
Want to go one step further and make your Carousel as engaging as possible? Remember to include high-quality images, focus on creating a powerful first slide to grab your audience’s attention and optimise your slides for mobile phones.
Then, you’ll be well on your way to creating some knock-out Carousels in no time.
Have you got your hands on the feature yet? Or, are you patiently waiting for the option to land on your profile? Let me know in the comments below! And, of course, if you’re looking for a helping hand when it comes to the ins and outs of LinkedIn, then get in touch with us today.