How To Find People on LinkedIn
Why are most of us on LinkedIn? Maybe it’s to find a new career path or post a job vacancy. Or it could even be to share industry information and help sales growth. Whatever your reason, one thing we all want to do on LinkedIn is grow our network. But we can’t accomplish this without the ability to find people on LinkedIn.
Depending on the information you have on your profile, LinkedIn will continuously suggest people for you to connect with. However, these connections might not be as relevant as you want, especially in the beginning. Fortunately, there are other ways to get the ball rolling.
People always say that it’s all about who you know. Well, LinkedIn has a handy little feature that lets you make the most of this. You can import your address book contacts from your email directly onto LinkedIn and turn them into connections.
How to do it:
- At the top of your feed page, click the ‘My Network’ icon.
- From the menu on the left, click ‘Connections.’
- From the menu on the right, click ‘More options.’
- Type in your email address or choose from one of the providers below.
- Click ‘Continue.’
Now you should see a list of people you know who are on LinkedIn.
- Now, you can check the boxes of the people you want to connect with.
- Then, click ‘Add connections’ at the top of the page.
- Or, you can ‘Skip’ if you don’t want to send any invitations.
When you have finished with the contacts who are already on LinkedIn, you will be presented with the opportunity to invite any of your remaining contacts who don’t have LinkedIn accounts to join.
Now, not only will you have grown your connections, LinkedIn will have a better understanding of the types of people and industries you want to connect with.
It really is as simple as that, that’s how you find people on LinkedIn!